Learning Consultant Profile
Robyn Twells BAppSc, GradDipTeach, GradDipSpEd, M.A.T.A.
As the owner of Ladybird Learning, I am privileged to work with students with learning difficulties and their carers. Special Education trained with a Biology background, I am a registered teacher with over 20 years experience in the education sector including as a teacher and tutor. I specialise in Dyslexia Therapy, Literacy, Numeracy, Mathematics and Learning Support, at both the primary and lower secondary school levels.
My career includes experience as a Special Education Consultant, Primary Learning Support Teacher, Secondary Mathematics, Special Education and Science/Biology Teacher. Using my knowledge and skills in workplace training, I have assisted volunteers, parents and teacher aides working with children displaying learning differences, learning difficulties and a variety of special needs. More recently I have also been involved in performing academic assessments and working with individuals displaying developmental delays.
Robyn's qualifications and training include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Biology)
- Graduate Diploma Teaching (Primary)
- Graduate Diploma Special Education
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training
- Phonological Awareness in Literacy Training
- Teaching Students with Dyslexia Course
- Extensive Training in Counseling
With my passion to help people to reach their true potential, I am continually researching and updating my knowledge and professional accreditations. I am currently affiliated with a number of organisations including:
Ladybird Learning will provide highly effective and professional academic asdsessments, tuition, therapy, resources and support to enable clients with learning difficulties and disabilities to experience success in their learning.
Ladybird Learning will be an important link for many individuals with learning difficulties to enable them to discover the joy of learning.
Values upheld by Ladybird Learning are:
- Everyone can learn
- Individuals with learning difficulties and their educators need to be nurtured and supported
- Learners and their educators should be empowered
- All learners must have a positive sense of self worth
- Success in learning will breed further success in life